Saturday, June 15, 2013

Homemade Texture Paste For Texture Designing by Gabrielle

Hi there.
Rachelle back with a great way to 
save money on texture paste.
I found this great recipe awhile back on
one of my favorite designer's blog;
by
none other than
Gabrielle Pollacco.


IT WORKS!!!!
Homemade Smooth Texture Paste

 1/4 cup Talcum Powder (I used Johnson's Baby Powder, Make it smell good too!!)
1 tablespoon White All purpose School Glue
1 tablespoon White Craft Paint
Some Water 
Instructions:  Combine talcum powder, glue, white paint with disposable chopsticks (or plastic spoon) in an airtight container, adding water to get it to the consistency you are looking for.  You want a nice thick texture much like toothpaste.  The mixture will keep perfectly for many months. Here is a basic step by step on how I apply it....


Lay your mask onto your page where you want your design to show (It helps to outline in pencil your photo placement).  Using an old credit card or a palate knife, apply texture paste onto mask in nice firm even strokes.

This is how your texture design will look when you lift the mask.  The paste dries nice and quick but if you want to speed up the process and help to keep your page from getting buckles, it helps to apply a little heat/air with a blow dryer on a low setting.  You can spray your design with mists now if you like, or rub on some inks.  I chose to just leave it white for this layout because I just thought it gave a nice contrast to the background.  Once the paste is dry, continue to add your embellishments to finish your page.

Trust me it works and last for months.
This is a great tip on saving
scrapbook money.

Try it. You'll be glad you did.
Thanks for stopping by and 
remember to 
KEEP ON SCRAPPING/CRAFTING!!!!
Huggies!!!!


16 comments:

  1. thank you sooo much, I love this. I will definitely use this! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually tried this too but my mixture was probably not as good as yours... your results are fabulous here! Thank you for your kind comment on my Sketch N Scrap page! I really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the lovely comment. I really enjoy reading such kind words!